Experiential education is based on the principle that the ultimate learning can only occur through experience. This type of education integrates activities requiring students to participate actively and encourage them to connect theory to practical daily situations.
Here are 5 major advantages of experiential education.
1. Through experiential education, students have the opportunity to understand academic theories through practical experience. As they start using practical experience, their knowledge and their academic training takes new heights. Students begin to wait with impatience the courses and are eager to share what they have learned with others. Go beyond the great training of experienced experiences for students, it also benefits the organization they study as their academic learning and their experience in the campus.
2. Experiential learning brings history to life. When students study history, they are disconnected stories that seem to look for centuries ago. With experienced learning students are part of these centuries of centuries. Students can accommodate old classic objects to try to feel and understand what it would have been like in the old days.
3. Experiential education also gives students an opportunity to take what they learned outside their class and their college situations. This gives them a new perspective and open a world of opportunities to interact with society and invest themselves in the community as having never imagined. When they apply the knowledge of the head practically, they become more confident of their capacities and find new ways to deal with challenges and transform class activities into real life experiences.
4. Experiential education is also advantageous for teachers. As this makes students more curious and active, he motivates teachers to deepen the lesson and find answers to their questions. Teachers say they are starting to give more importance to “real” applications and trying to integrate new ideas into their research and teaching.
5. Students begin to understand their potential that was a desire to work hard and honor excellence. There is only the work they are concentrated only on the final result. Experiential education teaches them the importance of working slowly, focusing on minor details and facing problems of calm and patience. They understand that they should not always be right. Although they know the goal, all their accent is not on it; They are rather busy working on the elements of the present.
Experience learning is a win-win situation in education. It can be incorporated in different ways. Excursions on the grounds of history and laboratory sessions for science students are part of this type of learning. These practical experience opportunities familiarize them with different procedures and practices. Scholarships, internships, educational trips, etc. All part of experiential education. This can also incorporate in areas other than colleges and schools, for example, this type of learning is mandatory in pharmaceutical and other health care.